Looking ahead, it’s hard not to reflect on 2022. What a year!
Top 5 highlights:
- Our first in-person retreat in over two years at the margins of the International AIDS Society meeting in Montreal.
2. In December, working with the World Bank’s Global Financing Facility for Women, Children, and Adolescents on a global health financing meeting in Rwanda, based on recommendations from our health financing report.
3. Seeing meaningful, tangible results of the Blantyre HIV Prevention Data pipeline we’ve been building with Malawi’s Ministry of Health through the Gates Foundation funded Blantyre HIV Prevention Strategy, with Georgetown University’s Center for Innovation in Global Health.
We’re seeing Blantyre district and facility health teams use PALMS for routine surveillance efforts. This allows for rapid interventions any time a facility experiences an alarming HIV related trend.
Here is an example:
4. Adding incredible new colleagues to our team!
5. Supporting African leadership in building long term, sustainable solutions that meaningfully improve health outcomes.
We’re so grateful for our deep relationships with the Ministries of Health in Malawi, Burkina Faso, and Liberia. We’re working with them hand-in-hand to think through the management, governance, financing, and capacity necessary to build and use cutting edge technology (software, advanced analytics, AI/ML) to improve how they manage their health programs.
We work with a rich ecosystem of partners across sectors and around the world. We couldn’t do it without you! Thank you!
So what’s up for 2023?
- Cutting-edge work introducing new HIV prevention technologies
- Supporting countries in better managing and using their data — particularly financial and novel data not traditionally used for health (like cell phone data, weather, and geospatial)
- Documenting and sharing concrete steps on how governments can leverage digital technology, advanced analytics, AI/ML to improve their health programs and humanitarian responses
- Possibly applying our global work Stateside
- And, of course, another in-person retreat!